Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


I was really enjoying this film, happily sniffling and bawling towards the end. Nothing harshes a sad movie buzz like a Breyer Sighting!! I had to hit "Pause", and my tears turned to laughter...the Breyer Classic Black Stallion in palomino was the LAST thing I was expecting!

I forgot to do the math...if anyone has seen the movie and was keeping track, about what year would this have taken place? Assuming Benjamin was 87 when he was born in 1918, and looks about 2 in this photo (Much too young for a Breyer...those sharp pointy ears and all), that'd place it in 2003. The Breyer Classic Black Stallion came out in palomino in 2003!

Except Daisy (the lady in the photo) is hospital-bound in 2005, I suppose it's possible she could age that much in two years, especially suffering from cancer (I assume, since she had the head scarf on). She still had all her teeth it looked like.

Now I'm reading on IMDB that Daisy was born in 1924, which would make her 81 in 2005. Hm. No way is she 79 in that photo, so, Boo Hiss on the improperly-placed Breyer, time-wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment