Monday, July 5, 2010

The Lovely Bones

It's getting to be that just about any movie that involves a young female in danger is guaranteed to have model horses in it somewhere!! (War of the Worlds, The Dead Girl, Taken). "The Lovely Bones" turned out to be no exception, although ironically, the Horse Shaped Object (HSO) was actually in the little BOY'S bedroom!


You can tell it's the little boy's room because of the race car wall paper. And up on the shelf, an old Marx Johnny West series horse and rider (Is that Pancho the pony? I believe so). This movie takes place around 1973-74, I don't believe they were making the "Best of the West" toys then, which means this might be a hand-me-down. Poor kid doesn't have any of the accessories for it, not even a bridle!


If there's one thing good to say about Susan Sarandon, she certainly plays boozy old broads very well!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I got my Pancho around 71 or 72. They made them up to I don't know around the 80s and then started making them again but with facelifts (better dolls, horses redesigned) for a short time around 90ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Pancho, painted him chestnut with Testors model paints, and photo showed him. He was one of my very first model show horses back in 1969. His name was Little Red and he did okay at the shows, too. I eventually traded him, but somewhere I bet I still have a show pic of him taken with my trusty Instamatic!

    ReplyDelete